Volunteering at Meadowlark is a great way to make a positive difference in the community. Our staff and residents love our volunteers, and the feeling is mutual!
“Our volunteers do a great deal here,” said Jana Armfield, Volunteer Coordinator. “There are so many special moments that happen and it can be a really meaningful time.”
“I love my volunteering. It’s really brought out my passion for helping people.”
– Logan Frost, Royal Volunteer
There are three volunteer levels to suit every schedule and interest:
- Silver / Bronze: TBD Meadowlark
- Gold Volunteers: Short-term help with activities for independent living residents
- Royal Volunteers: Long-term help with activities, one-on-one time and trips, can volunteer with all residents
- Junior Volunteers: For youth wanting to help and earn community hours for school
We have about 20 different volunteer opportunities in a given week, plus special events throughout the year. Volunteers might help serve ice cream (and enjoy some, too, as they visit with residents!), spend one-on-one time crafting with a resident, or accompany groups on trips around town. It all depends on interest and availability. Although scheduling is flexible, volunteers are encouraged to come once a week for an hour.
“I really love volunteering here. I always feel good when I leave.”
– Heidi Fergel, Royal Volunteer
How It Works
Volunteering at Meadowlark is easy! All you have to do is:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. Human Resources will be in touch to schedule time. The orientation usually lasts 1-1 ½ hours. We’ll go over our person-first philosophy, expectations and opportunities. We’ll also have some additional paperwork.
- Find a fit for your schedule and interests and start volunteering.
- Depending on the volunteer level or types of activities you wish to do, you may be required to do additional onboarding.
If you’re thinking about volunteering, come visit us and fall in love with Meadowlark! If you’re ready to get things going, fill out our volunteer application.