Volunteering is a great way for middle school and high school students to get their community service hours while having a blast. Volunteering also looks great on resumes and can help young students build their experience for college and scholarship applications.
Junior Volunteers must be at least 10 years old and can do a variety of activities throughout the week. Typical opportunities for Junior Volunteers include:
- Ice Cream Socials: Serving ice cream and visiting with residents
- Coffee Corner: Passing out refreshments and visiting with residents
- Bingo: Handing out prizes and calling numbers
- Special event support throughout the year
Want to make volunteering a family activity? Kids and parents can volunteer together!
How It Works
Volunteering at Meadowlark is easy! All you have to do is:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. Human Resources will be in touch to schedule time. The orientation usually lasts 1-1 ½ hours. We’ll go over our person-first philosophy, expectations and opportunities. We’ll also have some additional paperwork.
- Youth under 14 will need to provide an immunization record and tuberculosis (TB) screening questionnaire.
- Find a fit for your schedule and interests and start volunteering.