Our Royal Volunteers make a long-term commitment to volunteer for at least an hour a week for 50 weeks. Because of the added commitment, they have some additional requirements. They also have more options for activities!
Royal Volunteers can help in all of our services areas—independent living, healthcare households and assisted living. It all depends on interest and comfort level.
Typical opportunities for Royal Volunteers include:
- One-on-One Time: Spending time with a resident to do projects or everyday activities
- Special Care Programs: Setting up for and helping with Memory and Parkinson’s program activities
- Field Trips: Assisting during day trips, like going to the movies or visiting a museum
- Ice Cream Socials: Serving ice cream and visiting with residents
- Coffee Corner: Passing out refreshments and visiting with residents
- Bingo: Handing out prizes and calling numbers
- Special event support throughout the year
How It Works
Volunteering at Meadowlark is easy! All you have to do is:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. Human Resources will be in touch to schedule time. The orientation usually lasts 1-1 ½ hours. We’ll go over our person-first philosophy, expectations and opportunities. We’ll also have some additional paperwork.
- Royal volunteers must undergo a Kansas background check and a two-step tuberculosis (TB) test. The TB test is offered for free through our clinic, although prospective volunteers will be held responsible for missed appointments.
- Find a fit for your schedule and interests and start volunteering.